RALTRON ‘s miniature SY-GSC11 the world’s first distributed IEEE 1588 Grandmaster on an SFP with a built-in GNSS receiver.
It plugs into existing devices in the access network, thus bringing highly accurate frequency and time distribution closer to the cell site at a fraction of the cost of alternative solutions. The patented SY-GSC11is ideal for LTE/LTE-A and 5G macro-cell and small-cell deployments, including underground and in-building installations, among others.
- Fully-featured standard IEEE 1588 Grandmaster including phase/Time of Day (ToD) to meet stringent LTE-Advanced requirements
- Built- in GNSS receiver
- Cost efficiency by bringing PTP Grandmaster closer to the cell site
- High timing and frequency accuracy for LTE/LTE-A and 5G macro and small cells
- Scalable solution supports
- Robust GNSS backup – time holdover when GNSS reception is lost, using Sync-E or 1588 frequency reference from the network (Assisted Partial Timing Support) to deliver continuous and accurate synchronization to the base station
- Full network coverage, even in underground and indoor installations
- Miniature pluggable device fits in any standard SFP port
- Power consumption <1.65 w